2010-05-13

HP-41C

My favourite calculator.

I got the HP-41C model when it was fairly new, as a replacement for my HP-19C. I have three memory modules and a magnetic card reader, which I no longer have permanently installed.

It's currently sitting in a desk drawer so I can get it without rising from the chair and I see to it that it has fresh batteries. 10 or so years ago it totally lost power, and memory, and I haven't re-filled it with custom programs. Yet.

One of the included programs, the Moon lander, I improved pretty easily. Made it 25% smaller and fixed so that you couldn't fill your fuel tank by boosting downward. I have said I fixed something else in that program, but I can no longer remember what.

I also use the PC simulation if I want to do anything but simple calculations as I think RPN is very usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment