2011-04-01

Leica X1: Firmware 2.0

Got a mail that it was available and updated yesterday.

First: Made a note of my user settings, as I didn't trust that they'd really be preserved. Which I needed, but I think they sort of were there in some way, as the first time after upgrade I got some features from user settings 2 when I changed to it, but not second time. Strange.

Improvements I've seen, so far:

  • Dynamic depth of focus scale when in manual focus mode.
  • Faster focusing. I'm not quite sure how it's faster, but it seems like there's less overtravel and/or faster determination that subject is in focus.
  • Manual focus distance is remembered after power off.
  • Image stabilisation has become usable.
There are more improvements listed, and not all of the above are listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment