2011-08-12

Top 100 Science-Fiction, Fantasy Books

Your Picks: Top 100 Science-Fiction, Fantasy Books : NPR

Another of those lists. If we include TV and movie adaptions, then there are only 26 I haven't "read" in this list, most in the 50-100 range.

OK, I may have gotten input in a few books I maybe should read.
But on the other hand, I have read, for example, The Belgariad and it's not very good at all. And The Silmarillion is just barely readable and not a novel and not intended to be a book sort of like Always Coming Home by Ursula K. LeGuin, so what it does on this list I can't understand. Nor am I sure the ones by Jules Verne are his best novels (and I've read practically all of them). I found The Mars Trilogy to be utter junk and Lucifer's Hammer not at all as interesting as for example Footfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment